The BKS Iyengar Yoga Studio of Dallas is offering a Teacher Training program for those who have an interest in deepening their understanding of the practice and philosophy of Iyengar Method. This course includes the study of asana, pranayama, anatomy, philosophy, and teaching methods for the Introduction levels I and II and Intermediate Junior 1-3. This comprehensive program will enhance and expand your experience and comprehension of Iyengar Yoga and is suitable for experienced or beginner teachers interested in Iyengar Certification.
This program consists of over 60 hours of class time and personal study. Mentoring and recommendation of applicant for Iyengar Certification is available. The applicant must attend all 5 weekends at their level, commit to a daily practice, study time and fulfilling assignments. This program provides the student with a strong basis for testing in the IYNAUS (Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States) certification process. Detailed information about certification can be found at http://www.iynaus.org/teach/certification/
- Communicate knowledge clearly and succinctly to assist you in becoming a clear, confident and effective teacher
- Understand sequencing so the student penetrates deeper
- Sharpen observation skills
- Deepen your own practice
- Learn primary modifications of postures for common injuries.
- Refine and mature teaching skills
- We accept only applicants who are committed to teaching the Iyengar method
- Applicant must have a home practice of asana and pranayama
- Applicant must be passionate about the subject
- Applicant must regularly attend classes from Certified Iyengar Teachers (when available)
The sessions include teacher practice and study along with asana classes. To participate you will be required to have the certification manual and currently be studying with a Certified Iyengar Teacher on a regular basis. You will also be required to attend workshops with Senior Iyengar Teachers at the Studio. Exceptions will be made for those who do not have a certified teacher in their your area.
Introductory Teacher Training Schedule for 2018:
- February 9-11, 2018
- April 27-29, 2018 therapy with Brian Hogancamp
- May 25-27, 2018
- July 27-29, 2018
- August 24-26, 2018
Junior levels Teacher Training Schedule for 2018:
- January 26-28, 2018
- March 9-11, 2018
- April 27-29, 2018 Therapy with Brian Hogancamp
- July 27-29, 2018 Intro/Junior Levels
- August 24-26, 2018 Intro/Junior Levels
Teacher Training weekends will include:
There will be an optional Friday session for assessment style class for those going up for assessment – the times will vary depending on the number of teachers that wish to teach.
9:00 – 10:00am Pranyama
10:30 – 12noon Asana Class
1:00 – 2:00pm Philosophy
2:00 – 5:00pm Teacher Sessions
10:00 – 12:00 Asana Class
1:00 – 2:30pm Anatomy and cover primary modifications of postures for common injuries
2:30 – 4:00pm Teacher Sessions
Pricing and Registration
Price for the five weekends of Teacher Training:
Early registrations $1300 for all five weekends until January 15, 2017 – deposit of $350 by December 15, 2016 and balance due January 15, 2017 or full amount on January 15th, 2017 – after that date $1500 – the series must be used in 2018 calendar year, and non-transferable.
Individual weekends $300
Please download the Teacher Training Application and send it to the studio address along with a check for $35. Please contact the studio if you have any question at 214-365-9642
Testimonials from 2017
- Randy’s knowledge comes from a deep personal practice of Iyengar Yoga and frequent study with his own teachers. As a result, no teacher training weekend is like the others before it. There is always something new to share and learn. Randy sets high expectations for each and every teacher in his training. He teaches us to appreciate and embody the teachings of BKS Iyengar. I cannot count the number of times I have heard, “get in the pose and tell me what you feel!” In addition to sharing his own experiences, he brings in outside experts to share their knowledge of yoga philosophy and human anatomy. Perhaps the best thing about Randy’s teacher training program is the community he has created. We are a group dedicated to practicing, teaching, and helping each other along the path that is Iyengar Yoga. – Gretchen
- There are many things about the teacher training program that are wonderful, but the thing that stands out most to me is the change in everyone from beginning to end. Teachers voices become stronger, words more illustrative, and both body and voice more precise. What distinguishes Randy is that he gets us to move beyond the fear of performance to proceed in a way that we know we are supported. No one is against us, everyone, particularly Randy, is for us. People say all the time “this is for you – Amanda
- The Teacher Training is systematic, practical, challenging and fun. Each time I learn more and better what it means to be an Iyengar teacher. Randy has a deep and clear understanding of the Iyengar method of teaching. He is a great leader and teacher of teachers. His eye for correction is on the money. I learn so much watching him teach us. He has a knack for communicating to each student individually and at the same time teaching the whole group something. – Solange
- I have learned a lot about my self. my strength and weaknesses. and i know my teaching has improved since i began studying with Randy. He is able to share what he has learned with the teachers with clarity and compassion, and he instills courage and conviction into each teacher. Randy Just has been through the whole process of Iyengar yoga certification and he knows what he is talking about, Randy walks the walk, he doesn’t just talk the talk. Oh, and he is brilliantly funny. His timing is impeccable. In his class it’s natural to cultivate a spirit of friendliness, joy, compassion and equanimity. I always come home from these trainings enriched, and inspired. – Tedrah
- Teacher training is always challenging and stressful but randy creates a welcoming environment that supports and encourages participants. Challenges are welcomed as opportunities to deepen understanding, and thoughtful critiques help bring out the best in all of us. Randy worked with each of us to build on our strengths, recognize our weaknesses and strive to become our best selves. Besides all that, I’ve never had so much fun or learned as much in teacher training. – Katie
The yoga teacher training at BKS Iyengar Studio of Dallas is top notch. From the very first session, we are taught the necessary teaching skills to share the practice of yoga with clarity in the Iyengar tradition. With Randy’s strong experience and guidance, he helps us work on methods to sharpen our demos, observation skills, improvements, and adjustments. There is a great deal of serious self study required, both in asana and pranayama practice, philosophy and anatomy, but I feel the training has really helped ignite and focus my efforts. I have studied with Randy for over 10 years. I have learned so much from him and I have seen all of us continue to refine our skills from Intro to Jr Intermediate and onward on the path. The group camaraderie is supportive and fun and we share a lot of laughs. I am so happy to be a part of this very special yoga community. Jerri
- Each time I complete teacher training with Randy, I feel more deeply rooted in the lineage of the Iyengar method, solid in my teaching and more devoted to my personal practice. A perfect combination of teaching the asana, study of philosophy and anatomy. I felt very well prepared for my last assessment and I look forward to my next, knowing that I will be ready. I am grateful to have Randy Just as my teacher and to be a part of the Dallas Iyengar Yoga community each time I’m in the studio.
- I can say wholeheartedly that Iyengar Yoga teacher training with Randy Just has truly transformed the quality of both my teaching skills and my personal practice. His unshakable dedication to his own daily practice and teaching informed by personal practice is an exemplary model for aspiring teachers. Within a teacher training group, Randy has a keen sense of each individual student’s current teaching abilities and consistently sets the bar just high enough that goals are both challenging AND achievable. Really quite remarkable! Teacher training weekends with Randy are motivating, inspiring, and FUN! Always fresh and dynamic, individual and group teaching activities with clear and illuminating feedback from Randy leave me feeling very well prepared for the Introductory I-II Assessment! – – susanne